“Glass is very personal to me, being a medium that requires talent, time, and persistence to accomplish works that relate natural elegance.”
Glass has always been mysteriously captivating for Paul. His physics professor made several attempts to speak with the art department about getting him to spend more time in the science lab. It’s no wonder that his senior thesis physics project won the all student art show. Glass has given Paul an outlet to speak artistically while allowing him to challenge himself with the ancient techniques of glass blowing. Sand, soda and a twist of lime. It’s not a martini, but at 2000 degrees Fahrenheit you have glass. Gathering glass from a furnace filled with molten glass is a lot like gathering honey out of a pot. Each time Paul gathers a new layer,he has the opportunity to add colors, textures and reshape the design of the final form. Once he is happy with his creation, it goes into an annealing oven to gradually bring the glass to room temperature, ready to find a home.
Paul first learned the art of glass blowing at Hastings College in Nebraska. His instructors, John Elias, Tom Kreager, Lino Tagliapietra, Elio Quarisa, and Dino Rosin have inspired and encouraged Paul through out his career as a glass blower. He has traveled to many studios throughout the nation and continues to take courses at “The Studio” in Corning, New York.
Selected Exhibitions & Awards
- 1st Place, Denver, CO USA, Denver Botanical Gardens, 2004
- Best of Show, Boulder, CO, USA, Flat Irons Art Festival, 2006
- Fountain, Aurora Municipal Building, Aurora, Colorado, USA, 2004
- Lighting renovation, State Capitol Building, Denver, CO USA, 2008
- Three Graces, Briar Gate shopping mall, Colorado Springs, CO, USA, 2008
- Staff of Asclepius, Clear Creek Surgery Center, Wheat Ridge, CO, USA, 2007
- Lighting renovation, Church, Little Rock, AR, USA, 2008
Patrons love these glass pumpkins from Colorado, and we sold so many we had to get more!
A second batch just arrived with even more beautiful colors and shapes to choose from.
Hurry in before they are all gone!
Pieces pictured are examples. We have quite an assortment!
$30 – $63
Contact us or come in to see available colors/sizes
Spirits in the Wind Gallery
1211 Washington Ave
Golden, CO 80401